Who We Are
The Nonprofit Leadership Initiative is a partnership of Fox Valley-area nonprofits, funders, educational institutions, and businesses dedicated to providing resources needed by effective nonprofit boards and executive leaders. We are a program within the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region.
We provide Fox Valley nonprofits with opportunities for leadership development and learning to better achieve their missions.
We envision a healthy and resilient region where nonprofit leaders and organizations have access to the resources they need and are equipped with the skills to make our community a great place to live for all.
We offer a wide range of leadership, management, and technical skill-building programs, as well as peer learning circles, to the entire nonprofit sector in the Fox Valley.
Our partnerships with organizations, vendors, and trainers will be guided by the following values:
- Respect: We treat the people and organizations with whom we work with dignity and respect, and as partners in our shared goal to improve individual and community well-being.
- Integrity: We steward resources responsibly, make thoughtful and transparent decisions, and we keep our promises and commitments.
- Teamwork: We serve our community best when we solve problems together, share resources, and listen to one another, especially to those with lived experience.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are committed to appreciating and engaging diverse voices, removing barriers to opportunity, and eliminating disparities so that all people may thrive.
- Creativity: We embrace new ways of thinking, strive to take risks, and we encourage and support visionary ideas.