- This event has passed.
Leadership Forum: Board Roles & Responsibilities
November 8 @ 7:30 am - 11:30 am
Nonprofit boards-How to be the best!
Join us as Stephanie Cavadeas, Partner at Wipfli, presents and answers questions on the following:
- Nonprofit Governance
- Best Practices of Great Nonprofits Boards
- Ten Principles of Governance – Sarbanes Oxley
- Basic Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards
- Nonprofit Governance Pitfalls
- Governance vs. Management
- Keys to Effective and Successful Board Operations
- Strengthen Board Performance
We will round out the presentation by highlighting tips, tools and templates available on NonprofitNext to help you in your journey to build a strong nonprofit board.
Registration & Breakfast: 7:30 – 8:00 am / Presentation: 8:00 – 11:30 am
As a partner in Wipfli’s nonprofit and government practice, Stephanie Cavadeas oversees audit, tax, and management consulting opportunities and works with clients to maintain compliance with laws and regulations. With over 15 years of experience, she enjoys helping her clients achieve their mission by navigating the complex regulatory environment. In addition, Stephanie handles many technical aspects of the nonprofit and government practice by producing and holding live training for clients and associates throughout the year on topics such as nonprofit accounting and reporting, board governance, and compliance regulations.
More about Stephanie
- Contribution-based nonprofit organizations
- Grant-funded programs
- Associations and foundations
- Colleges and institutes of higher education
- Inspection captain for Wipfli’s annual internal inspection
- Leader of the nonprofit and government practice’s Technical Issues Committee
- Member of the Quality Assurance Committee
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Member
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA) – Member
- Rotary Club of Packerland Sunrise – Howard, Wisconsin – Treasurer
- Freedom House Ministries, Inc. – Board treasurer
- YMCA of Green Bay – Board member
University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bachelor of business administration degree in accounting and finance
Fox Valley Area Nonprofits: free
Green Bay, Oshkosh and other area nonprofits: $20 per participant
Please note that registration for this program will not be reimbursed due to cancelation or no-show, nor can payment for this session be transferred to a future program.
Here’s what attendees have to say:
“An excellent presentation. Stephanie clearly covered the topic.”
“She presented good, concrete examples, and practical ways to identify problems, or potential problems.”
“I’m definitely going to ensure my board has Board of Directors liability insurance! Who knew?!”