Nonprofit Leadership Initiative Jumpstart Grant
Overview of Jumpstart Grant Opportunity
The Nonprofit Leadership Initiative, Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region, and Network for Good are teaming up to offer the Jumpstart Grant. Local nonprofits may be eligible to receive a grant award to underwrite the majority of the costs for 12-months of the following:
- Personalized Fundraising Coaching (2 monthly meetings with a fundraising professional matched to work with you, based on your organization’s unique needs)
- All-In-One Fundraising Software license (donor management, email, direct mail, online giving, events, and peer-to-peer platforms)
We will award grants to up to 10 nonprofits, valued at close to $4,000 each, for this hands-on program that will help you move your mission forward through donor development planning and implementation.
Why Network for Good’s Jumpstart grant?
- When Network for Good asked 10,000 nonprofits in 2016, “What is the one thing you need from grant makers but don’t
have to sustain the programs they fund?” the answers were near universal: Fundraising Help & Technical Assistance. It is with that data and renewed determination to help the nonprofit sector that Network for Good created the Jumpstart Program.
- This opportunity is not about providing something “better” than other options, it is about simplifying and demystifying fundraising for a small to medium sized nonprofit. Most nonprofits that find value in Jumpstart either do not have a system, or they are spending money for one without understanding how to use its features, nor how to leverage data for donor segmentation and prioritization.
Guidelines: Are you eligible?
- Are you a charitable organization? If not, do you have a fiscal sponsor?
- Do you serve people in the Community Foundation’s geographic service area?
- Does your agency meet the Community Foundation’s grant policies?
- Are you able to dedicate one point-of-contact at your organization that will commit 5 hours per week to fundraising activities, along with two-30 minute consulting sessions per month?
Your organization might be a good fit for this program if:
- You are willing to co-invest $500 to share in the Jumpstart cost this year if awarded the grant, and commit $1,000 to your organization’s budget for incidental expenses (postage, printing, etc.).
- Your organization has recognized the importance of individual donor fundraising and stewardship and you are committed to strengthening your skills in this area.
- Your staff and board have prepared to devote time and energy to improving fundraising practices.
- You are prepared to use cloud based technology for fundraising.
- Deadline to apply is May 10, 2018.
- Questions contact Kim O’Brien, [email protected], 920-702-7614.
As one of the local affiliate chapters of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the Fox Valley SHRM Chapter is dedicated to advancing the human resource profession and serving its more than 350 members by providing them with a variety of opportunities for professional growth, leadership development, and networking.
The mission of The Volunteer Center is to develop, coordinate and promote volunteerism for addressing community needs. Board Connect is a collaboration with The Volunteer Center, Nonprofit Leadership Initiative and various funders to promote nonprofit board and committee service. Find your passion!
Awarding grants that achieve results and sustain a vibrant community for all. The Bright Idea Fund combines dollars from generous donors who believe in giving in ways that address ever-changing community needs together. The fund awards three kinds of grants (Discovery, Spark and Bright Idea) in five focus areas, each with specific priorities
The Nonprofit Learning Lab is a national nonprofit that connects, supports and develops individuals seeking to lead the nonprofit sector. Online conferences are available to individuals to sharpen their skills in fundraising, board development, organizational leadership and capacity building.